- Bahrain sentences prominent activist to 5 years in prison
- Pro-government forces hit Syria’s Ghouta with rockets, air raids
- Florida shooting survivors in capital, demand action on guns
- Court in Bahrain sentences prominent activist Nabeel Rajab to 5 years in prison over tweets
- New Zealand says Pacific trade deal will boost GDP 1 percent
On the day of the latest government shutdown, Congress passed a two-year $300 billion, 652-page budget under 18 hours, much to the dismay of conservatives.